Tis the season for businesses across the world to see the bottom line of the P&L report go from red to black! It’s the time of year that can make or break a business. So what are you doing to make sure you stay in touch, stay top of mind, and stay on top of sales this holiday season?
Here are 6 ways any business can stay in touch and increase sales this holiday season!
- Offer special discounts to your best customers on the things they buy the most. Why not treat them to a holiday gift, from you to them? Offer amazing deals on the things they buy the most! It’s a great way to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, or Happy Kwanzaa to your most loyal customers!
- Offer Gift Certificates. Maybe you’re an automotive repair shop, or a hairdresser, or maid service, or a professional organizer, or a web developer – how do you gift those things?? With gift certificates, of course!!! We all know times have been tough for a few years, who wouldn’t love a free oil change and tire rotation, new hair style, or house cleaning!?! (I know I would, hint, hint) Or maybe you have tons of products and services and choosing one is too difficult! Give the gift of choice! Gift certificates are great stocking stuffers AND offer a great opportunity to cross sell (see #3!).
- Cross-sell! It’s a great time to suggest items to go with products or services they already purchase. Maybe they bought a beautiful set of earrings last year for mom, this year suggest the matching necklace. When you sell a spa package, offer the premium at-home spa kit to go with it as a carrier for the gift certificate! The hairdresser can cross sell a salon quality shampoo and conditioner set; the auto repair store can offer jumper cables or fix-a-flat canisters – all as nice little carriers for the gift certificates! Cross-selling is a great way to add value to the client – and to increase sales!!!
- Send gift ideas. How many times have you been stumped on a gift for that hard-to-buy for person on your list? We’ve all been there! So help your customers by sending an email full of gift ideas tailored to the people on their list with headings like: “gifts for mom”, “great gifts for co-workers, neighbors, or mail carriers”. What are your most popular items and who buys them? Share that info with the people on your mailing list and they’ll be grateful for it!
- Offer free wrapping or free delivery. Who doesn’t love a surprise?!? Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. What if that premium spa package and at-home spa kit were hand delivered with a bouquet of fresh flowers or a box of chocolates?? What if the oil change was done on-site at the recipient’s home? What if a gift basket with a few jars of local homemade jam and bakery-fresh scones were delivered fresh on a Saturday morning? Wouldn’t that make the gift extra special?
- Send cards and/or gifts to current and past clients- Maybe staying in touch and top of mind is as simple as wishing them a Happy Holiday and thanking them for their business! Customers love to know they’re appreciated. Send them a card or a special gift that has nothing to do with trying to sell them anything – they’ll love you for it!
By the way, if you liked this post, I’d really appreciate your Retweet!!! Thank you.