Yeah I know, business is “fine” so why change anything? Right? You’ve been skating along, growing enough and making enough money, why in the world would you need to invest in an expensive Marketing Consultant?
I’ve got seven vital reasons for you:
- Understand your business better. What was the ROI on your last advertising campaign? What’s the LTV (Lifetime value) of a client? How about the cost to obtain a new client or your conversion rate by marketing activity? While these may seem like marketing consultant mumbo jumbo, they are important metrics that can help you actually grow your business more efficiently. These are just a few of the things a marketing consultant can help you understand about your business – as well as how to use them to grow.
- Understand your customers and your market better. How much market research did you do before you started your business? And how much have you done since? (Be honest now…) If you’re like many business owners we work with at Fortune Marketing, not a lot. And you’re probably thinking this is just more marketing consultant gibberish. If that’s the case, ask yourself: where does my target market go to get information? Why do they choose me over my competition? What does my competition do well – and not so well? – And no guessing! Unless you’ve actually asked your target market these questions, it doesn’t count! A good marketing consultant can help you understand your customers and your market better to help you make more informed decisions about your marketing.
- You can’t see the forest through the trees: working on your business as long as you have, you’ve lost objectivity. That’s a fact. You get so ingrained, working in your business that you become clouded by your own beliefs and judgements – and that can stunt your growth! A marketing consultant will bring much needed outside perspective and objectivity, breathing new life into your business.
- Push the envelope. That’s right, I bet you’ve gotten pretty comfy there in your business doing the same ads, the same networking groups and the same Facebook posts month after month year after year. *Yawn* You need to shake things up every once in a while. No one ever made it big by playing it safe. Hiring a marketing consultant will most likely force you out of your comfort zone a little – and that’s a good thing! That’s where the magic happens!
- Focus on the right marketing activities, not what you enjoy. We all do this – we lean toward what feels good and away from what makes us uncomfortable. But in business, that may not necessarily be what’s best for profitability and growth. A good marketing consultant can steer you toward the marketing tactics that are right for your business, not the ones that are easiest.
- Stop wasting money on bad marketing. Yep, you’ve gotten comfortable and stopped paying attention. All those things you’re doing that aren’t bringing in the business you want have to go. And sometimes business owners just need a marketing consultant to tell them so.
- Companies who hire experts are more successful. That’s a fact. No one rises to the top alone. Successful business owners surround themselves with experts in areas they are weak in. Successful entrepreneurs delegate. Successful people realize they should NOT be the smartest person in the room all the time. Hire a smart marketing consultant who can help shake things up for you and make you think!
Fortune Marketing is one marketing consultant you can hire, but there are literally thousands. Be sure to find the one that is the right fit for you and your business. Interview them and make sure you’re in alignment with their methodology and process before contracting them.
Hiring a good marketing consultant can be the single best investment you make in your business.If you would like to learn more about working with Fortune Marketing, contact us.