If you’re a small business owner, consultant or entrepreneur who is creating content to strengthen your brand and get found online, you’re well aware that the creating is just half the battle. The challenge comes in promoting it. Most business owners default to the top three or four social media sites for promoting their content: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and maybe Pinterest.
There are literally hundreds of places you can promote content. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Stumbleupon – StumbleUpon.com is a “free web-browser extension which acts as an intelligent browsing tool for discovering and sharing web sites.” This means you can share your blogs and other content with people who want to read what you write about.
- Bizsugar – Bizsugar.com allows you to “share small business news, tips, blog posts and information with BizSugar’s community of small business owners and entrepreneurs”. So if you’re target audience is small business owners, this is a must for content promotion.
- Instagram – Share photos of products and services or create fun memes to share with your followers on Instagram.com.
- Digg – Digg.com is “the homepage of the internet, featuring the best articles, videos, and original content that the web is talking about right now.” It’s a great site to add to your content promotion list, with millions of viewers each day.
- Google+ – Don’t forget Google+ as part of your content marketing promotion strategy! As a Google social media platform, this is a great option for SEO – so don’t forget the keywords!
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with marketing your small business, a marketing consultant can help you. Fortune Marketing specializes in creating professional and effective marketing content, can help you with your promotion strategy and build your social media presence. Contact us today for a complimentary consultation.