Here’s a simple small business marketing check-up you can print out and hang on your wall. Refer to it at least once per month to ensure you’re staying on track.
- Call a customer. Your clients are the #1 resource for what I call “Marketing Gold”: information that can help you more effectively market your small business. Call at least one happy client or past client and ask them three simple questions: What made you choose us over the other choices you had? What did we do that others in our industry didn’t? How did you find us?
- Call a competitor: Be your own secret shopper and call your biggest competitor, acting like a potential client. Ask about services, process and pricing. Look for ways you can either differentiate yourself from them – or ideas for how you can improve your own products or services.
- Look at your Google Analytics. When’s the last time you looked at your Google Analytics? The 3 most important metrics to look at: 1) overall traffic and trends, 2) sources of that traffic, 3) landing pages, 4) bounce rates and 5) look for trends: what activities are during the most traffic to your website.
- Look at your Social Media Analytics. Run reports on all of your social media profiles. Are your page likes, post likes, shares and comments growing? What content gets the most engagement? Make note of what’s working and what isn’t – and ditch or tweak what isn’t.
- Google your business name. It’s good practice to Google yourself at least every few months to know what’s online about you. This is a great time to update your Google, Bing or Yahoo listings and any other out-of-date or inaccurate information about your business.
- Review your website. Go through your website page by page to make sure all your links are still working and your information up-to-date.
A strategic marketing consultant is always a good idea for small businesses that want to grow and thrive. Fortune Marketing Company is an expert marketing consultant with more than twenty years of experience with small businesses and multi-national corporations like Nestle, Intuit and Constellation Brands. We can help you achieve all of your business and marketing goals. Contact us for a no-obligation consultation today.