It’s Halloween, so I thought I’d share some scary marketing facts for small business owners and marketers to beware of.. Read them if you dare!
- 75% of Google users never scroll past the first page of search results. This is scary because most small business owners don’t show up on the first page of a Google search for their most important keywords. Do a quick test: sign out of your Google account and google your top 3 keywords and phrases? Where do you show up?
- 46% of people read blogs more than once a day. If you aren’t’ blogging at least once per week you’re missing out on potential customers.
- Video accounts for more than 54% of mobile data usage. Youtube is the largest search engine next to Google. Make video part of your content marketing strategy to reach a wider audience!
- ROI is not a perfect science. Many top brands are still struggling with measuring their online and social media ROI. If multinational corporations are challenged with it, it’s infinitely harder for small businesses! So how much are you wasting on your marketing efforts? For more on this read, “Why Marketing ROI is a Fallacy”)
- Engagement” (such as likes, shares, etc.) is considered the most important metric for evaluating social media marketing success (com). Why is this scary? Because most small business owners expect it to drive revenue – and it doesn’t! (Normally).
- 60% of Internet access is from a mobile device. Why is this a scary marketing fact? Because as many as 50% of small businesses either don’t have a website or are not mobile optimized. Is your website mobile-friendly? Pull it up on your cell phone noe and check!
- Google will punish you if your website isn’t mobile friendly. That’s right, Google’s complex algorithms know if your site won’t display well on mobile and will just not show it when a user is searching on a mobile device!
- Businesses without a Marketing Plan are more likely to fail. If you’re shooting in the wind, guessing at marketing and not doing the necessary research and analysis it takes to sustain and a grow a business, you are more likely to fail.
- You can’t build and grow a business alone. Asking for help and hiring professionals can be scary- but so can going back to a 9-5 cubicle job! Get the help you need!
- The average income of a small business owner is around $44,000. Wow! That means if you want to earn a decent living as an entrepreneur, you will need to do more than ‘average’!
- 76% of small business owners admit to facing Marketing challenges. The fact is, Marketing doesn’t have to be so scary! Marketing is something small business owners should NOT try to do themselves, it’s best to hire professional Marketers who can help you develop a strategy.
- 90% of B2B buyers say they never respond to a cold outreach. That means building relationships is key to success in B2B Marketing. What is your relationship-building marketing strategy?
- 84% of millennials have left a website because of intrusive advertising. Finding that fine line between helping and intruding is a challenge all marketers face. Do you know how your website pop-ups, videos and other intrusive strategies are impacting potential customers?
Marketing doesn’t have to be scary. Hiring a marketing consultant who can help you develop a marketing strategy will help you make more informed decisions so you’ll waste less time and money and attract more of the right buyers. Contact us to learn how Fortune Marketing can help you.
Sources: Hubspot, Salesforce.com, CapitalOne.com, Voltiere Digital, Harvard Business Revie